Family medicine is the integrative medical specialty that provides continuing and comprehensive healthcare for individuals and their family. The family physician focuses on your whole health, not just one specific system or disease.
The core value of this practice is the patient. Often times, the family physician is the first contact, which is why the bond between our patients and their physician is so important to us. Our intent is to develop continuous relationships that will last through from genesis to geriatric.
Our family medicine physicians specialize in:
- Preventative healthcare and education for all individuals, regardless of age or gender
- The treatment of chronic and acute illnesses in their patients
The family medicine practitioners provide healthcare in several major areas of medicine including:
- Care for chronic conditions, such as diabetes, asthma and heart disease
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Emergency medical care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Mental and behavioral healthcare
- Bone and joint care
- Eye care
- Care of the urinary system
- Well-woman care, reproductive counseling, family planning
Each family medicine physician is dedicated to:
- Developing healthy lifestyles for the whole family
- Providing routine health screens and lifestyle counseling in effort to prevent illness before it develops
Also, if health conditions develop that require a specialist’s care, your TGC family medicine practitioner can refer you to an appropriate member of the TGC family of physicians, which includes:
- Internal Medicine
We, at TGC, believe healthy, knowledgeable patients lead to healthier, stronger communities.